Over 35 years as professional working musician, thus real world application and example; currently performing and active in career; cultivating student interest and engagement; implementing creative solutions & flexibility; energy and empowerment; versatility & experience.
Bringing "real life" application and musical sensibilities to singers, specializing in Jazz and Rock/Pop and focusing on recording studio and live-performance technique.
University of Lowell, 1980-1982
South Shore Conservatory of Music, 1970-1976 (private piano instruction)
Berklee College (private piano/harmony instruction, Ray Santisi)
Private Lesson Instruction:
Taught privately for five years at Original Music Studios, located in Braintree/Hanover, MA. Developed and taught curriculum including comprehensive vocal technique, stage performance, mic control, choosing material, stamina and consistency, vocal acumen for crossing genres, studio recording vs. live performance, gear identification and usage, basic piano accompaniment, language for instructing musicians, choosing accompaniment, image consulting.
Clinics & Performance Masterclasses
- 2009 Jazz Vocal Clinic - "All-State" Manchester, NH
- 2010 Wellesley High School - Jazz Chorus
- 2010 Vermont Jazz Center, Brattleboro, VT
- 2011 Windham High School, Jazz Vocal Choir
- 2011 Jazz Vocal Clinic - Queensland Academy, Brisbane, Australia
- 2010, 11, 12 Jazz Vermont/Band Camp - on staff with Jerry Bergonzi, Jeff Galindo, Ben Schurr and Glendon Ingalls, providing group and private instruction for adult musicians
- 2012 Jazz Vocal Ensemble Clinic - Keene State College, Keene, NH